"The two words 'information' and 'communication' are often used interchangeably, but they signify quite different things. Information is giving out; communication is getting through." - Sydney J. Harris
Call Logs, also called Call Detail Records (CDR), show information about each call you make or receive using illumy.
Each Log entry has these details:
1. Call direction: Tells you if the call was
1. inbound (someone called you) or
2. outbound (you called someone).
2. Date: Shows the date of the call.
3. Time started: Shows the time the call started - in your time zone.
4. Time finished: Shows the time the call ended in your time zone.
5. Calling number: Shows the phone number or SIP information of the person who started the call.
6. Called number: Shows the phone number or SIP information of the person who received the call.
7. Call result: Tells you if the call was successful or failed.
8. Duration: Shows how long the call lasted, in minutes and seconds.
Example Call Log:
Inbound Call 11/7/2021 12:04:35 to 12:20:37 16505551212 to 17075551212 call successful (16:02)
In this example, someone called you on November 7, 2021, from 12:04:35 to 12:20:37 in your time zone. The caller’s number was 1-650-555-1212, and your number was 1-707-555-1212. The call was successful, and it lasted 16 minutes and 2 seconds.
Call Detail Records track your call data, check your call quality and call length, and highlight call patterns to see how you use illumy to communicate with others. This information can be used to fix problems, evaluate performance, and improve your calling experience.