You can prevent spam from reaching your inbox by rejecting emails from unknown senders, restricting access to your email addresses in your profile, and protecting your personal info from third parties. Do you want to learn more?
Block or report spam on illumy
- Open the illumy app on your smartphone or computer and log in to your account.
- Tap or click on the Messages icon on the left side navigation panel and select the message that you want to block or report.
- Swipe left on the message or click on the three dots icon on the top right corner of the message view.
- Tap or click on the Block/Report button.
- Choose whether you want to block the sender, report abuse, or both.
- Confirm your choice by tapping or clicking on the Block/Report button again.
- You have successfully blocked or reported spam on illumy! The message will be removed from your inbox and the sender will not be able to contact you again.
Proactively Avoid Spam
- Don't click on links in emails from senders you don't know. Spammers often use links in their emails to try to infect your computer with malware or steal your personal information. If you don't recognize the sender, don't click on any links in the email.
- Be aware of phishing scams. Phishing scams are emails that try to trick you into giving away your personal information. Be on the lookout for phishing scams, and never give out personal information in an email, even if the email looks like it's from a legitimate company.
- Be wary of emails that ask for personal information. Spammers often send emails that ask for personal information, such as your Social Security number or credit card number.
- Use a spam filter. A spam filter can help to block spam emails from reaching your inbox. Most email providers offer spam filters, and you can also install a third-party spam filter on your computer.
- Keep your software up to date. Software updates often include security patches that can help to protect you from spam and malware. Make sure to install updates for your operating system, web browser, and other software as soon as they are available.
- Be careful what you post online. Spammers can use information you post online, such as your name and email address, to target you with spam. Be careful about what you share online, and make sure to use strong passwords for all of your accounts.
- Use a password manager. A password manager can help you to create and store strong passwords for all of your accounts. This can help to protect you from spam and other online threats.
- Report spam emails. If you receive a spam email, you can report it to the sender's email provider. This can help to stop the spam email from being sent to other people.
By following these tips, you can help to avoid and protect yourself from spam emails.
Links to learn more
3 ways illumy helps you battle spam - illumy Blog Post - https://www.illumy.com/3-ways-illumy-helps-you-battle-spam/
Stop Spam Text Messages - illumy Blog Post - https://www.illumy.com/spam-text-messages/